Western Meet Hard Luck Continues

colonel

Guess I wasn't the only one with some hard luck on the way back from the Western Meet.

I got 80% of the way home and noticed my power steering feeling funny so checked the level and topped it up.  I started it up to see if the level would go down and I found that my power steering pump pulley lock nut had come loose and the pulley was wobbling wildy.  I was able to get what little woodruff key I had left in place and tighten it back down to keep going but was very close to being stranded if the key had broken or I had not been able to find it as I fell out when I took the pulley off.

At any rate we made it home with 6 stops to keep checking it but it never got loose again in the last 2+ hour drive home.  Just like my many issues I had at the meet that got taken care of thanks to the help of the group this one had me worried but got through it as well.

Has anyone ever had their power steering pulley come loose??  This can't be common but perhaps due to the serpentine system I have it was something I should have checked but never did.  I am sure it came from March with the pulley already attached.

post-106-0-74650800-1435642070_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-96659000-1435642246_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-74650800-1435642070_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-61505300-1435642338_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-65930500-1435642395_thumb.jpg

About 30 miles outside of Golden BC Jordans HEI Distributor melted the inside Dist cap and burnt the rotor pretty bad so that ride was done for a couple of hours Vaughn managed to get a distributor in Golden after a Power Failure allowed the store to reopen. Liam shut his car off in Vernon for a quick stop and wouldn't start again without a boost but had plenty of power......I think Kevin's starter issue bounced to Liams car... hahaha

all home now though...

Darren

When I get the replacement parts I will put another nut on behind it and loctite them both.  Not something I could pull out of a junkyard if it happens again.

Good grief what is with starters????

Maybe it is BC as I just spoke with a friend that used to live out there and he had problems with belts over heating and coming off and the same problem Jordan had with HEI caps melting down.

We will have to add some honourable mentions to the Hard Luck award I think.

My starter almost left me stranded on my last fuel stop.  Turn the key... *click* and no crank.  Did it again a few more times, nothing.   Go an ice cold bottle of water out, dumped it on the starter from above... and it cranked over (a bit slow).

Damn things just can't take the heat. My next starter is getting this heat wrap