Original tires on 70 SS

Aaronz28

My '70 SS was shipped with RPO P90 G70X15 White Stripe tires (may have been the dual thin white stripes) on RPO PH1 15X7 rally wheels.  I have never heard of any of the others you listed being shipped from the factory but someone else may know for sure.

Joe,

Bias belted for $290.00 each? Cooker tire?

My friend's 71 SS had the same tires G70x15 thin single white stripe as my 71. I ordered rally wheels and the larger tires with my 71 and still have the original spare tire in the trunk. I believe his were also Goodyear like mine. He sold them to me when he got Michelin radials in 1972. I remember they looked narrower than my wide ovals but sure road better.

Joe that is similar looking to what my 70 came with in 69 but mine were Generals and I tried to get the dealer to take them off because before that time Generals were not known to be a very good tire. They talked me into keeping them and if I did not like them after 3 months they would trade the out for me. I sold the car to a very good friend and between us we put 45,000 miles on that set of tires. He never got that many miles out of another set of tires whatever brand he tried.

I did but no small 3/8 whitewall like the silvertowns. Call me crazy but I really think its gonna be a good look on the car.

Joe

I have been considering the same look for the last few years but they would be at least $400 each for me by the time I got them here :(

Larry you just buy and when you come to the Eastern meet you get them mounted and balanced. Have them shipped to someone in the Norwalk area. Rick Eikenfelds(sp) only live a few blocks for the meet site.

• Like 1

I researched them all a couple of years ago. The Diamondbacks are tires that are made by common tire manufacturers and then they machine them and the whitewall or redline is bonded to them depending what the customer orders.

Here's how they are made...

http://www.dbtires.com/howtiresmade.html

Larry you just buy and when you come to the Eastern meet you get them mounted and balanced. Have them shipped to someone in the Norwalk area. Rick Eikenfelds(sp) only live a few blocks for the meet site.

Larry...I like the way you think. :)