Yep...I'm at it again

Sam (Bones)

I couldn't resist :nutz:
A set of 781's with 2.19/1.88 valves and a Lunati hydraulic roller cam, some comp valve train stud girdles :yay:
Engine is on its way out, not sure if I'll be doing anything to the lower end yet

20160116_180709.jpg

20160116_180626.jpg

• Like 2

you have to remember that I did have this car in the 10's, so I have went backwards, I am having a few issues with the current 049 heads and I had these 781's just sitting their, and this cam should tame the idle down a little from my current Thumpr cam and at the same time making it more street friendly and a bunch more power and torque :devil:

well the snowball is rolling!!! :mad:

after pulling the heads (I didn't built this engine) I found the deck height over .012 different from side to side :doh:

and as I started pulling the rod caps, they are kind on the loose side (pulled 6 of them off by hand-not a good sign)

so the block, rods and crank will be heading to my machinist for a complete and thorough inspection, I plan on zero decking the block, more than likely new rods and re-use the pistons