Top End Refresh

rentahubby

I am looking at building up my 250 HP GM crate motor, just need some advice on what I should get for a street/cruise Cam etc. Any ideas? I have an Edelbrock carb, was thinking cam, lifters and an intake but need advice on what to buy.

Not looking for a lot of power, just looking for a nice rumble, maybe 350 hp, if it can be done. Not sure even sure.

$600 to 750 budget in mind, I'd like to get an intake, cam, roller rockers(I was told that is what I should get) and stay with my 600cfm carb.

unless you switch to a hydraulic roller cam, and bump the compression, I wouldn't waste the money, you won't hardly notice a difference 

you want some rumble...put different mufflers on it

want better performance, change the rear gear. a gear change will give you way better results for the money than a cam change ever will

• Like 1

Hey David,

Love the color on your Monte!

I agree with Sam. I went from 2.73 to 3.73 on a near stock 350 and the car was a whole different animal. You really don't sacrifice drivability and the 1-2 and 2-3 shift can get right sporty.

David

I have 3.73 and Flowmasters, it does have a nice rumble but I thought maybe I could get a bit more bang by upgrading a few stock parts.

I'm with Sam.  Until you're ready for a new heart(engine) transplant or a rebuild, don't waste your money.  Save and decide what you really want to do with your girl. - Dave

• Like 1

save your money for a 383 stroker.........

That's a full roller assembly with all forged parts.  Oh yeah baby.  Have it built to support a ProCharger in the future.  Oh,...sorry,...I find myself drooling,...gatta gochange my shirt :grin::cool: . - Dave.

• Like 1

If you ever have plans in the future of changing to a larger engine (cheapest bang for the buck) you can fit your current engine with a carb and intake. Those are easy to swap to something in the future. Sadly, you probably won't notice any difference on your current setup, and it might require different tuning to get it to run really right.

For me, having a distributor shop reset my advance curve for performance was my biggest "seat of the pants" mod.

The intake, carb, headers, mufflers...blah. Everyone says you need to do it, but the gains are tiny, if you notice at all.

• Like 1