frame question

Guest supercoupe5

A 1/2" ?

Is it worth the effort for just a 1/2" ?

What size tires are you looking at stuffing under there?

Bill

cool

I think it would be a little weaker cut away and reboxed because it was boxed at that point to begin with but the cross sectional area has now been cut in half. You might try to throw in some additional bracing, and/or box the rest of the frame to make up for that section. I think you can gain around 2 inches or so from the frame, but you will also need to move the inner wheel well on our cars.

Guest supercoupe5

bill: 1/2 way 4into the frame not only a 1/2 inch

tony: that is a full tub i only want a mini tub

scott: i have thought about the inner wheel wells also

sorry, ain't worth it for only a 1/2"

only my 2 cents :lol:

You read it wrong like I did... blush

I got to stop reponding to posts in the morning...apparently I'm not fully awake... lol

I agree with Scott/Heckeng, if it was to get enough torque that is where it would bend, even when boxed it would be the narrowest point. But then again I do not know how much force is applied to that area when launching or cornering. Don mentioned before it would be okay, if I remember correctly.

When you think about it, all of the torque applied by the rear end is directed to points (control arm mounting points )on the frame in FRONT of where you would be weakening the frame. That section of the frame really only has to support the rear body if I'm thinking correctly. I don't think you'd have any problem at all with changing it up!