Kind of a perverse idea

Guest Camaro kid

Guest Camaro kid

Kind of a far of idea... I like jeeps and am looking into getting a 4.7 stroker motor to replace my 4.0 liter inline 6. I also know they sell Superchargers for them too. Has anyone had an idea of putting one of theese into a musscle car like a monte carlo. i am more interested in putting it into my 79 camaro. just onderng yalls opinions.

How long are they? Inline 6's tend to be pretty long, of course I suppose we have lots of room in our engine compartments to work with!

monte kid,

Nothing but a V8 needs to be in a Muscle Car. The Small Block chevy is the most economical engine to use. You can have good power, for good cost. It ain't a Muscle Car if it ain't gotta V8, just my opinion.

Big Blocks are great too, but you'll sink thousands in one.

Camaros had in-line six's but Monte Carlo's never did. A nice dressed up six replacing one in a Camaro sounds good and it's way different than the typical SBC that we all love.

There is a club Inliners International you may want to check out that is all in-line engines. A split 3 into 1 exhaust from a inline six sounds way different than anything else. Also check out this site Langdons Stovebolt Engiine Co. for some ideas.

Bruce

One of the newer Vortec in-line six's from a Trailblazer with a 5 spd would be a cool project. I got a ride in a 60's Austin Healey with that engine, FI and a six speed. Talk about fun! The original engine was blown up in the 60's and he had an older Chevy six in it for years. He is out of the NJ area and brought it to the Woodward cruise last year. Tom Langdon from Stovebolt Engine Co modified the exhaust so it was a dual 3 into 1 set up. That thing sounded like an original old Healey, fun times.

Bruce

Check out you/tube look up Monte Carlos there is 3 videos of a Monte Carlo with a cummings In line 6 diesel truck engine, he smokes the tires off of it all the way down the road.

Guest Camaro kid

lol for 15000 i can get the a crate duramax. thats more then i made last year...

i was looking at something i can do myself. Thanks for the link Bruce.

There is a club Inliners International you may want to check out that is all in-line engines. A split 3 into 1 exhaust from a inline six sounds way different than anything else. Also check out this site Langdons Stovebolt Engiine Co. for some ideas.

Bruce

Man I love this club! We have an 1956 International Pickup truck that we want to restore. I am pretty sure it has an inline 6, I am going to check out those sites that Bruce posted...who knows maybe we'll finally be able to get it running!