New Holley Fuel Pump in!!

Here's some more pictures of some of other the work I had done this past few weeks.

A new High volume Fuel Pump replaced the old worn out OEM unit which was showing signs of failure, remember the fuel pressure gauge on the carb was fluctuating wildly between zero and 6 PSI??

It is now running and showing a steady 8-9 PSI.

monte-home-2-006.jpg

monte-home-2-005.jpg

i put a pressure gauge on my smallblock with a stock-type pump, and i was amazed that pressure could spike as high as 10psi at times causing all kinds of flooding problems... i cured it with a cheap inline pressure regulator smile

The guy doing my work is still claiming the engine is running just a little lean.

I'm having a hard time figuring that one out, that Demon 750 Should be pumping enough fuel.

Anyone want to provide inputs? I'm thinking about moving up to a bigger set of jets to cure the problem.

Guest Tech @ BG

If it looks to be lean overall then we would advise to go up on the jetting like Sam suggested . Also where do you have the float level set at ?

If it looks to be lean overall then we would advise to go up on the jetting like Sam suggested . Also where do you have the float level set at ?

TECH@BG,

Wow! That's very cool to see a company involved in a forum on a technical issue.

Right now, The floats were set as per recommendation so the gas level in the bowl is at the mid-point on the sight glass.

I noticed several times after installation the car seemed to loose some power in upper RPM after the swap. The shop I had used at the time said I was running too lean.

Guest Tech @ BG
Originally Posted By: Tech @ BG

TECH@BG,

Wow! That's very cool to see a company involved in a forum on a technical issue.

Right now, The floats were set as per recommendation so the gas level in the bowl is at the mid-point on the sight glass.

I noticed several times after installation the car seemed to loose some power in upper RPM after the swap. The shop I had used at the time said I was running too lean.

Defnitely go up on the jetting a few numbers and see how it reacts. If it likes the first jet change then go up again.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the tips, I'll order a jet kit from BG and see what happens then I will write something up and let everyone know what I find out.

Thanks again!!