Prebent fuel pump to carb line big block Chevy

Tim972

Does anyone have a correct part number for the prebent fuel line from the pump to carb?

402 bbc, 2 line short fuel pump, quadrajet and long water pump if it matters for routing. 
Lots of choices online, some specify long fuel pump, quite a few do not say either way.   Just want to make sure I get the correct one ordered.   Thanks 👍

I’m on my 4th one. None look right. But since I don’t have a engine yet,I cannot be sure. But I will let you know which one actually works when I get my engine back from the shop. I might be 6 ft in the ground by then. 😆 

44 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’m on my 4th one. None look right. But since I don’t have a engine yet,I cannot be sure. But I will let you know which one actually works when I get my engine back from the shop. I might be 6 ft in the ground by then. 😆 

Oh boy,  that’s discouraging. lol 

My 70 Assembly Manual shows the pipe assemble as 3975944 and the fuel pump as 6440768 (Delco #40768) The illustration is of a long pump but the illustration can be wrong in the AM. My 71 AM shows the pipe as 3986193 and the fuel pump as 6440868 with the illustration showing the long pump.

Check with Classic Muscle they usually list parts by the GM number and they show the 3975944 for $23.00 in stainless steel but not the 3986193 (listed as CPC7101(s)). Also says with long pump I believe the 6440768 is in the clocking on the fuel pump. Haven't found the GM service part numbers.

Please note that I have never bought a line set that screwed right together. I think I bought 3 for my 70 L78 Camaro to get 1 decent fitting set of lines.

rotin

I decided to switch back to the correct long fuel pump.   I ordered a stainless line from Inline Tube.  I had to tweak it a little, but  I’m assuming it was because of my aluminum intake height.   I’m happy with the fit.  

1 hour ago, 1970mcss said:

I bought a fuel line from inline and it wasn't close. They didn't want to refund me but finally did. I bought one from the parts place and it was a perfect fit

That’s how I ended up with 4. lol. Parts to keep “in stock “

4 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

They didn't want to refund me but finally did. 

Yeah, they don't make it easy... Pretty low on my list of preferred vendors  now.

• Like 1

I’ve gotten all my lines from Inline Tube, brake, fuel and trans too.  I’ll be installing them soon, so we’ll see how they fit.   I’ve ordered quite a few things from The Parts Place too.  I’m detailing the engine on the stand and starting to install the front accessories.  The PS bracket I got from them is way wrong, it appears to not be bent incorrectly.   I ordered a new one from Ausley’s, hopefully that one fits better.  

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

See I never have return issues because I just don’t order incorrect parts. LOL. I couldn’t resist. 

My return was because of poor quality parts/scratched up chrome down to the copper plating on new door handles.

10 hours ago, jft69z said:

My return was because of poor quality parts/scratched up chrome down to the copper plating on new door handles.

Ain’t no doubt on the quality issues. They have a lot