1971 Monte ss rear script trim piece

70white402

Does anyone know the nos part number for the Monte Carlo written script for the rear tail panel? Small ss emblem goes under it. I have the nos ss emblem,just looking for the top Monte Carlo trim. If I can’t find it Nos,who makes it aftermarket. Only ones I’ve found have the “by Chevrolet” under it.  Thanks. Jeff

Jeff, the Monte Carlo tailpanel script is separate from the "by Chevrolet" and the "SS". It is the same from 70-71. The by Chevrolet differs in the lettering and mounting stud position from 70 to 71. The SS tailpanel emblem bolts directly in place of the by Chevrolet emblem on the 71s. You would have to modify/drill new holes to put the SS on a 70. 

I believe the large Monte Carlo script is reproduced by trim parts. Try the parts place. 

• Like 1

Just now, 70white402 said:

Car is to nice to put anything tarnished. Would take some work to make that new.

I know. But I was also trying to get you the correct number 

Just now, 70white402 said:

Astro blue. 70 factory Monte color. Car was white on blue originally.

I’m painting my 71 ascot blue and I think that is close to it. White vinyl top 

1 minute ago, 70white402 said:

I appreciate it.  Thanks. It looks like a tough emblem to find nos.

Yep I’ll be looking also. 1919 cars made with it. Tough to find

19 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Yep I’ll be looking also. 1919 cars made with it. Tough to find

I heard all 70-71 montes came with this emblem, not just the ss models.  By Chevrolet was under the script instead of the ss emblem.  It’s obviously smaller than the sail panel script emblem.

2 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’m not 100 percent sure it I thought all the Montes came with this one except the SS. 

B3931E26-8BA8-4029-A9E7-C0637286B682.png

Oops just read Tom’s post. He’s forgot more than I’ll ever know about these cars. Sorry 

Dennis, that emblem with the "bowtie" under it is from a 78-80 Monte Carlo. 

The tailpanel Monte Carlo script  for the 70-71 is larger than the sail panel ones. 

I have an NOS tailpanel emblem somewhere in my stash. It's allocated for the 402 4speed restoration though. 

Last summer I installed a repop on my 70 SS. I  know they make them. IMG_20190925_171935.thumb.jpg.4104ee1b32b81a2fdc6a503577be03ec.jpg

9 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Dennis, that emblem with the "bowtie" under it is from a 78-80 Monte Carlo. 

The tailpanel Monte Carlo script  for the 70-71 is larger than the sail panel ones. 

I have an NOS tailpanel emblem somewhere in my stash. It's allocated for the 402 4speed restoration though. 

Last summer I installed a repop on my 70 SS. I  know they make them. IMG_20190925_171935.thumb.jpg.4104ee1b32b81a2fdc6a503577be03ec.jpg

See you’re knowledge eludes me. I didn’t even catch the bow tie. 

Jeff, these are the part numbers from the parts catalog. 8700885 - Monte Carlo Script, 8700883 - by Chevrolet name plate, 8705455 - SS emblem

Hope that helps