Pics of new hood!

MADMAC

MonteHood002.jpg

MonteHood001.jpg

Heres' the new hood I ordered from VFN fiberglass. I haven't adjusted any of the bumpers yet but it seems to fit pretty well and looks to be straight. It's a lift off 4" and this hood doesn't weigh anything! The price was decent but it took forever to get here.( You see my new headlights? HID's!)

Sorry about the large pictures, how do I adjust the size again?

Looks good... cool

If you could, weigh it on a scale, I'm curious as to what it weighs... smile

Bill

Your right... their H4's but I switched the bulbs to the Silverstars. They are supposed to be as bright as a true HID, or at least that's what they say. My mistake...

I agree with you exactly! After I got off the FGMCC site last night I looked through the net to try to find some real HID's and man those things are super expensive! With the modifications you'd need to make just to get them to fit because of the depth of the assembly I just don't think it's worth it right now.( Besides, I don't care about blinding people that bad... lol)They are a much better light than the originals I've always had on the car and I think they look alot cooler too. I've upgraded to LED's everywhere else on the car too, so I do need to beef up the electrical a little... I'm trying to think of the name of the "box/amp" I need to get to boost the output to the LED's,the blinker doesn't quite work right because of the low draw. They get dim when you turn the blinkers on.

I planned on upgrading the alternator anyways because I want to run dual batteries in the trunk. Still trying to think of the name of the little box I saw when I bought all my LED's mad, I don't know but the guy said I should buy it and I should've! I by no means know alot about electrical. Honestly I'm kinda scared of it eek, I'm learning a little here and there but still try to get help when I need it. Oh yeah, just in case I didn't tell you, your gauge set up is one of the nicest I've seen. But I'm biased because it's a Monte!

Like I said I'm weary of electrical, you think I could call or PM you if I ever ran across something weird? You seem to know alot of electrical so I was just wondering.

The shipping cost me $96.00 from AAA Cooper freight company. Just make sure you check it for damage because it comes in a cheap cardboard box, beleive it or not. Oh yeah; VFN threw in a $35 "box fee" for wrapping it up. But I'm happy with it... it just took too long to get here.

I'm gonna double check in a little while but when I weighed it last night it was a WHOPPING 13 lbs! Huge difference over stock(by chance you know what the originals weigh) I knew it was light but like I said I'm gonna double check cause it feels a little heavier than that.

I'm gonna double check in a little while but when I weighed it last night it was a WHOPPING 13 lbs! Huge difference over stock(by chance you know what the originals weigh) I knew it was light but like I said I'm gonna double check cause it feels a little heavier than that.

Thanks for weighing it... wink

A stock monte hood weighs 80 lbs. even.

A 67 lb. weight savings...that would equal .067 in the qtr.

That's going by the 100 lbs. = .10 in the qtr. theory, which is pretty accurate.

Bill