Shift Kit

Guest JCarlton21

Guest JCarlton21

I was just wondering what a good shift kit would be to put in my auto 350 1970 Monte Carlo, not sure what rear it has in it or anything if that matters. But just wondering what a good one would be, where to buy it, and how much would it be to get it installed, or how much work would it be for me to install it?

thanks guys, new member, looks like a great site..just got my first monte 2 days ago smile

ANOTHER MICHIGANDER!!! WELCOME!!!! grin

check Jegs and Summit, if you never been in a trans, I would recommend talking with a local trans shop

where in Michigan are you?

No pun inteneded here but "The best Bang" for your buck would be the inexpensive b&m shift kit that comes in the envelope type package, I think I paid about $35 for it....even with my 10in. 3000-3500 stall the shifts stay firm just casually driving around and then when i'm into it I leave a patch between 1st and 2nd smile and if the weather is above 70 on asphault I even get a chirp from 2nd to 3rd. smile

start simple!

put an adjustable vaccum modulator in it, and turn that puppy UP! that's what I ran in my TH350 and it would bark the tires goin into 2nd no problems. :>

jcarlton.. where at in saginaw? I work at Delphi Saginaw STeering Gear (plant #6) I'll be back to work tuesday.. maybe we can hook up sometime smile

sounds like a great plan!! I'll be drivin my monte to work for a while until I get my other POS running correctly again.