Headed to Quaker City

BowtieThunder

Paul, Any chance of being around Quaker the weekend of the 6-8 of June? I'll be in Salem during that time, love to see that thing run, or maybe we can just meet for a cold one. Track is literally right around the corner from where I will be, matter of fact we can sit at my friends house and hear the cars running....

Hey TN454 I will actually be up at Norwalk the 6-7 of June for Pinks All-out.So I wont be around Quaker.What are you coming into town for?

Well made 6 passes and teh car was consistent as usual...I am pleased with how the car ran for a 74*+ day but was expecting a little better..On Motor the car went 10.90's@120 and on the spray went 10.03 &.05@131.I am not sure if I took too much gear out or not will have too wait and see how the car runs at Norwalk in 2 weeks at PINKS.Thats the first time running at Quaker ever soo I really dont have any numbers to compare it too.I have run a ton at Norwalk so I will know more then.Car should of MPH better than it did so going to check a few things out and see if there is another issue going on I am not seeing.

LOL BTW The day started out with a curve ball LOL got to the track unloaded the car.I then drove over for tech then made a cruise though the pit area to warm the fluids up.I get back to the trailer and go over some things before I make the first pass when I notice the driverside ET Street is going Flat!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran into Autozone and bought a Tire Plg kit and plugged the tire LOL I was told I was nuts for plugging the slick/DOT tire but it held and I went 1.40 on my 10.03 pass that thing was leaving like a SOB but had nothong up top so I will figure that out soon smile

If there is any video I will post it up smile

Hey Cali I was running a 5.14 with 33" tall tires and for Spray it was too much gear so I dropped down to a 4.30.My trap RPM on motor dropped to 64-6500 on motor from 7200ish.The thing is the car still 60ft.'d mid to low 1.5's same as with the 5.14's but I went from 123-4mph to 120mph...... didnt think it would rop off that much and thought I would lose some ET but gain MPH

Hey TN454 I will actually be up at Norwalk the 6-7 of June for Pinks All-out.So I wont be around Quaker.What are you coming into town for?

Well made 6 passes and teh car was consistent as usual...I am pleased with how the car ran for a 74*+ day but was expecting a little better..On Motor the car went 10.90's@120 and on the spray went 10.03 &.05@131.I am not sure if I took too much gear out or not will have too wait and see how the car runs at Norwalk in 2 weeks at PINKS.Thats the first time running at Quaker ever soo I really dont have any numbers to compare it too.I have run a ton at Norwalk so I will know more then.Car should of MPH better than it did so going to check a few things out and see if there is another issue going on I am not seeing.

LOL BTW The day started out with a curve ball LOL got to the track unloaded the car.I then drove over for tech then made a cruise though the pit area to warm the fluids up.I get back to the trailer and go over some things before I make the first pass when I notice the driverside ET Street is going Flat!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran into Autozone and bought a Tire Plg kit and plugged the tire LOL I was told I was nuts for plugging the slick/DOT tire but it held and I went 1.40 on my 10.03 pass that thing was leaving like a SOB but had nothong up top so I will figure that out soon smile

If there is any video I will post it up smile

Great job Paul!!!! Glad you got the beast back to the track. Man that thing is haul'in the mail. Can't wait to see ya on Pinks!! Hope ya make the show. I guess it all depends on what numbers they're looking for. I think ya pretty much have'em covered! wink

David

Hey Cali I was running a 5.14 with 33" tall tires and for Spray it was too much gear so I dropped down to a 4.30.My trap RPM on motor dropped to 64-6500 on motor from 7200ish.The thing is the car still 60ft.'d mid to low 1.5's same as with the 5.14's but I went from 123-4mph to 120mph...... didnt think it would rop off that much and thought I would lose some ET but gain MPH

that is interesting going from 5.13 to 4.30 i thought you would gain MPH as well - is your converter set up for spray? that might explain the MPH as well

Scott

Guest chico,70'chev

Pinks!.......that is my favorite show.I was wonderin how they narrow down the cars for selection.Your monte is fast enough,good lookin enough,I think the pinks crew encourage's racer drama.seems like they love it when guys do the whole song and dance after each run.Builds excitement.guess that's what makes the show different from typical drag racing.Brush up on your sandbagging poker face,I'll be in California pullin for ya bud!

Guessing the spring pressures are just too high for these heads...they have been races head for almost 40yrs and just must be fatigued and just cant handle the pressure

http://sschevy.carillon.net/DSC00181.JPG

http://sschevy.carillon.net/DSC00182.JPG

http://sschevy.carillon.net/DSC00184.JPG