drive shaft

monte70car

hey people ill looking around for a drive shaft any one deal with dennys driveshaft? or would i be better off going to a local drive shaft shop and get the 350 drive from the elkie cut down and new yoke put on? i know at dennys i can get $25 off my order when i mention team chevelle. and if it helps we are going from a turbo 350 to a turbo 400 out of a truck that had a bolt on yoke.

local shop did the shafts for the nomad and monte but we just had u-joints put in. we did have a drive shaft that went with the 400 but my uncle twisted it in half. supposely the motor in the elkie has 450hp so i think a stock shaft might not last to long. what is the pinion yoke on a stock 12 bolt? and does it have locating tabs. also what size is the u-joint cap diameter. is the pinion yoke a 1350 or 1310? i have the option of the 1330 u-joints.

just to let you know dennys drive shaft shop is top notch. they guarantee there work. if you can break it they will fix it free. thats who we went with when building the drive line for the 67 gto.

alex

Go with Denny's Driveshaft. Speak to Denny himself. He will most likely answer the phone. GREAT GUY. I had a "nitrious ready" driveshaft done by him and it was flawless. He will want your trans yoke or you can buy one from him. Needs that to balance everything correctly. If going with 1350 joints, they will be non-zerk joints. Proper way to measure is on his site. You won't be dissatisfied. OK, I sound like a commercial.

Yes Rob and all FGMCC members, MIGHTY MOUSE is lite and he is fast.

Anybody want to buy a stock drive shaft?? I will be at the estern meet. - Dave

local shops all the way.. I had my 350 driveshaft shortened by 6" for my 700r4 swap at a local shop.. it was cheap.. $60 or so

I think.. and that included $20 to have them put a new u-joint in it smile I didn't bring the u joint caps with me and they needed them, and since I was on my way to work, I told 'em to just put a new u joint in.