Misuse of Club Logo

Rob Peters

I want to thank Paul Bell for reporting to me that a company was using our Club Logo without permission.  Paul was on another Monte Carlo facebook page and saw the ad of a company advertising t-shirts and sweatshirts with our club logo on them.  

I reported this to immediately to facebook.

This seller was advertising these items through another listing company.  This is not an uncommon practice for sellers to use other companies to advertise their products but it was against the law for this seller to use our Logo.  I have also contacted the legal department of the company this seller is using to list their products and let them know that our club logo is copywrite protected.

Thanks again to Paul for bringing this to our attention and I urge anyone who sees our logo being used other than through it being approved by the club officers to please report this to me or another club officer.  

I also want to thank the members who commented in that sellers ad that that seller did not have permission to use our club logo.  I also noticed in the listing that some people commented that that seller has been banned from other platforms for scamming people out of their money when they ordered products from that seller.

rob

• Like 7

I just tried to bring up that link again to look at the listing and it seems the advertisement has been taken down already.  Thanks to all

rob

• Like 5