Temp guage

I just finished installing the sonnie 24 guage package in my '70.  The temp gauge was alternating from zero to max the first time I drove it, now just stays at zero.  Couple cluster lights dont work, the printed circut seems a little fragile. Electronics are definatly my weak spot, any ideas how to diagnose?

Not familiar with that gauge package brand but I replaced the original pcb in my 71 had no problems. Has the manufacture have any suggestions?.. just sounds like a connection problem to me tho...

Did you repin your connector? Or did you replace your harness? Sonny’s gauge package is NOT plug and play and the directions that come with it are correct but very hard to understand. At least that was the case with me. I’m no electronics savant by any means. But I did get mine to work just fine. 

• Like 1

I did repin the connector. The instructions were a little intimidating at first but I feel like I did it all correctly.  Installed the new temp sending unit that came with the kit. I have a meter if I knew where to check for voltage or ohlms of whatever.

Sometimes if a number of wraps are of teflon tape are used on the sender that can interfere with the ground from the threads of the sensor to the engine block.

John S

• Like 1