Ran across this on the interweb

DragCat

Yea I know everything on the web is the truth but found it interesting so thought I'd share 

"I was at Mecum today and I was talking to a guy that was running his Dodge gas pickup through, he told me that Mecum inspected the truck before the auction and told it needed to have to catalytic converters put back on before they would accept it."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Yea I know everything on the web is the truth but found it interesting so thought I'd share 

"I was at Mecum today and I was talking to a guy that was running his Dodge gas pickup through, he told me that Mecum inspected the truck before the auction and told it needed to have to catalytic converters put back on before they would accept it."

You don't say what year his pickup was but I am assuming it is older.... Gotta wonder where they get these auction inspectors... you can't fix stupid.

rob

I was talking to my buddy about it, he said since some states have inspections they may not pass a vehicle that was made with a cat and wasn't installed. Sorry Rob I wasn't privy to the year of the truck. 🤣 We havent had inspections in FL for years so it never crossed my mind. I know when I moved to Ca with my non-ca truck they taxed the heck outta me 😛There musta been a lwasuit because I got some of that $$$ back in a few years 🙃

Different states have their own rules, but In NC a dealer can’t sell a vehicle that’s had emissions equipment removed. At my dealership if we’re appraising a potential trade-in that’s had catalytic converters or diesel particulate filters removed, we take that into consideration in the valuation. We know that we’ll have to replace the missing equipment before we can sell the vehicle.

• Like 1

Different states have Different regulations, it depends on year and age of vehicle. Some states if any modifications to emissions it would fail states inspection. Some are tougher that other.  Mecum may have there own regulations that could differ from states.

• Like 3