relocated vacuum lines

kc8oye

I didn't like the vac. line for my A/C controls running from the front of the carb along the side of the intake and up to the firewall.. so I replaced it with an AN-4 line and relocated the line to the back of the intake manifold just behind (Actully underneath) the secondary float bowl...

newvaclinebl3.th.jpgthpix.gif

newvacline2gd7.th.jpgthpix.gif

the fingers are very sore.

no sam, no spacer.

that fitting for the brake line only JUST fits under the float bowl.. I have plenty of room around my fitting :>

yes, all the lines i can do will be AN style eventually.. but as costly as this stuff is.. just a little at a time. My next move is going to be to replace the rubber hose and chrome line between the regulator and the carb.. I'm pushing the NHRA rules limiting you to 12" of rubber hose right now.

rob.. yeah.. the others will be changed.. eventually.. but this AN stuff is EXPENSIVE.

3 feet of AN-4 hose, two straight ends, and two pipe thread to AN adapters cost me $45....

so just a little at a time.

sam.. I used to run a spacer (adapter) when I had the qjet.. it actully ran worse with it.. but that could have been the qjet.

i'm not buying anything for the car this week, because I'm gonna spend $25 to get into the drag strip and $60 on a tank of gas and go do some tuning :>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...