Joe S

Joey S.

Looking for help on my 1971 Monte Carlo charging system. Just got it out of a 21-year storage and was able to get it running with just changing the plugs points condenser battery and 5 gallon of gas. Had to replace the master cylinder to get the brakes operational which wasn't a problem. But my alternator light was on so I replaced it with the new alternator but still not charging correctly according to the light. Found a inline fuse on the firewall that the fuse was removed for some reason. Don't know if this has anything to do with the charging system or not. Not sure what amp use goes in here but we appreciate any help. Thank you

Welcome Joe!!!  As Larry said try the regulator. I couldn't find a short years ago building my car and it turned out it was the brand new regulator.   Someone smarter than I will chime in with this, but i think that fuse is the a/c fuse and it is 30 amp. I could be wrong but someone else hopefully will correct me if i am!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Prove it.  Looks identical,  maybe I lied, maybe I didn't. 

rob

I don’t have to prove it silly. You said you did it. Guilty by admission. I took a screenshot of your comment so I have proof. If you “lied about that what else… ??  Hmmmmmm. Jk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2