Message boards in the forums

NavyCPO

Came back here to the new members forum because I'm having difficulty understanding the message boards in the various forums.  As a former member of Team Camaro and Team Nova I'm used to going on to the boards and seeing the last messages posted first, but on these forums here they seem to be scattered all over the place with 2006 msgs in some cases being the first ones I see.  I looked at the drop down menu's and selected Start Date from the Sort option and still they are all over the place.  Also I don't know how to view my own posts as they seem to be buried somewhere in the mix with all the rest and not in chronological order.  What am I doing wrong?  Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see many options.  Thanks in advance for your help!

I have mine set to open the same spot every time, ALL ACTIVITY.

Here is a snip of it:

Capture Monte FB page.JPG

• Like 3

The green pins on the left indicate it is a pinned topic. Anything after that should have the topics with the most recent activity.

9ABF991B-0B5B-45FC-AE38-1A47B88EC339.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NavyCPO said:

1)   I'm used to going on to the boards and seeing the last messages posted first, but on these forums here they seem to be scattered all over the place with 2006 msgs in some cases being the first ones I see.

2)   Also I don't know how to view my own posts as they seem to be buried somewhere in the mix with all the rest and not in chronological order.  What am I doing wrong?  Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see many options.  Thanks in advance for your help!

- Your settings were at 'Take me to the beginning',  I've changed it to 'Take me to comments I haven't read'. New content will be highlighted in bold. See if that helps. There is an option to 'Take me to the latest comment', but the other one may be more useful as it highlights unread content first.

- As far as seeing what you've posted, try looking at ''My Activity Streams'  (ex. Content I started, Content I posted In, etc.), does that do what you are looking for?

activity.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 3:15 AM, jft69z said:

- Your settings were at 'Take me to the beginning',  I've changed it to 'Take me to comments I haven't read'. New content will be highlighted in bold. See if that helps. There is an option to 'Take me to the latest comment', but the other one may be more useful as it highlights unread content first.

- As far as seeing what you've posted, try looking at ''My Activity Streams'  (ex. Content I started, Content I posted In, etc.), does that do what you are looking for?

activity.JPG

You're tips helped on the msg boards.  Thanks again!

17 minutes ago, NavyCPO said:

You're tips helped on the msg boards.  Thanks again!

Good, glad it helped. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

• Like 2