On the road again................

Well I got my car all back together and got her out on the road again.  Bled the brakes last night after the brake job and put the tires/wheels on her today, hooked up the battery and she cranked right up.  The Rally wheels look sharp and are kind of nostalgic, but it is a pain in the but to get those beauty rings on.  Mine kept popping out on the other side every time I'd get it started.  Had to get my plumber to help me put one on, (getting my bathroom remodeled) I got the other 3 but that one was kicking my butt and the other 3 were a real pain too but I managed to get them by myself.  I was on the fence about keeping the Rally Wheel Look w/ white letter tires or getting some Cragar SS and I think today made up my mind, Cragar SS put the wheel on and lug nuts and GO. My fiance does books for a tire store and the owner will sell them to me at cost so that's a no brainer. Yesterday changed the transmission fluid/filter, new pan gasket, new rear seal for the transmission.  Will do the front seal when I yank the motor this winter.  Took her down the road and rides real nice with the all new shocks and doesn't pull to the left anymore when I hit the brakes.  Success!  Stops nice and straight like she should.  I'll take her down to Big John's next week and get the A/C serviced up and pray that everything will work after all the work and money I've put into rebuilding the air conditioning system.  Tonight we had 2-60 air conditioning (2 windows down/60 mph) Took my fiance out to Angel's Diner (50's themed diner in my town) for dinner in her then ran her by the car wash and gave her a good washin' after being cooped up in the garage for 6 weeks.  Felt good to have her out on the road again.  Found out I have some more issues though...................sigh, low beam lights are not working, only high beams.  both sides are out on low beam which leads me to believe it's probably a wiring issue, and the windshield washer doesn't work.  Wipers work fine but no washer and yes there is fluid in the reservoir so I'll have to track that down.  Still no speedometer, my cruise control bypass should be here tomorrow though so I hope the cruise control is the issue and not the transmission cable or gear.  I can live without cruise control for a while, but it's dangerous looking down at my phone to see how fast my gps says we're going. My 8 track tape deck actually works!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You have to jiggle the tape a bit to get it started but once I got it started she rocked like they used to.  And YES I still have 8 Track Tapes and Reel to Reel as well and yes the equipment to play them with.

We're having fun now!.............

20230602_213752.jpg

20230602_213814.jpg

20230602_213824.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Most of us know the good feeling of the First spin after being down with big projects.  

rob

Amen Brother!

9 hours ago, willie said:

Very Nice Dale!!! Alot of work there in a short time.

Thanks Willie.  Hey, I'm retired, what else do I have to do...............LOL  (Actually, I keep quite busy with lots of projects, but this Monte had my devoted attention for weeks now)

• Like 3