What do the Tailpipe Exits look like on your Monte

ChevroletR

I was looking to FINALLY get exhaust for my Monte and I really want a certain look to my exhaust exit. I'm going to do 3'' and don't want the 'straight out' look like some Chevelles, but a hidden turndown look from the corner of the bumper.

Can you guys post some pictures of how your tailpipes exit? (Side shots, underneath, and behind) I want to make sure the guy who is doing my exhaust does it like I want it and may use one of your pics to show him. Thanks!!

Here's my 3 1/2" exhaust...I also did not want a straight pipe but something that tucked up and then came down...your 3" pipe should be able to tuck up even more. Does the guy doing your exhaust have the ability to mandrel bend 3" pipe, if he can't do mandrel bends do not use him.

On the final hanger near the end I used a heavy duty stainless band clamp to the factory hanger...looks alot cleaner than a big U-bolt in my opinion.

Bill

img0385smallnk7.jpg

img0386smallpq4.jpg

img0418large3zc0.jpg

I have some pictures here you can look at:

Monte Tail Pipes

The small dirty tailpipes are my Walker stock replacements 350 4BBL.

The others are members cars or from the web.

Good Luck!

Bruce

PS. I see a C5 Corvette in the paint reflection!

Not much reflection in that 25 year old paint job but yeah that's a C5... grin

Bill

I think I didn't scroll down enough last time (only to the thread you sent me). Looks good Ian. They don't hang down bad. Is that the 2 1/2'' kit? Looks like your Monte is factory height, right? It sounded real good in the video, that stinks you don't like them. I can't believe they're louder than the 40 series! Got a nice bark to them