Exhaust

Jason72

I track my car, you can see my thread in modifiers-pocono raceway. I have 3 inch exhaust and with all of the suspension mods in the rear there isn’t much wiggle room for the tail pipes. If I have to make suspension adjustments I usually burn myself on the tail pipe. My car is lower than usual also. That is why I asked for muffler type also. I can possibly modify my current muffler to tuck up under the car better. Then I was thinking of a 1 1/2 inch x 6-8 inch rectangular exit at the pinch weld 

Back in the 80's I had mine exit right before the rear tires. 

I had to use smaller diameter exhaust than I would have liked to get it up tight. Car was jacked up in back so where it exited had I had some room, with your car be lower it would be tight.

So I took the time to fab up some exhaust pipes to exit in front of the wheels. Went from 3 inch pipe flares out to 2x10 rectangle and then to 1 1/2 x 12 . Still have 5 1/2 inch to the ground. My headers are 5 inch from the ground and my rear sway bar is 4 3/4. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/Jq5a8KgpRFk?feature=share

Thanks. No they do not rattle. I kept 1/4 inch between then and the frame and the rocker pinch weld. Also installed a hanger just inside the frame rails and at the rear of the muffler. Engine has solid mounts so the exhaust doesn’t move to much. 

Nice fab work 👍My concern as with your original question "how is it with the windows down?" Back in the day I dropped the exhaust in front of the rear axel, sitting at a stop light the fumes came inside 🙃

• Like 3

Yesterday I took it out for a good spirited blast to get the coating on the tops hot so it would cure properly. I had all 4 windows down. Sat at 2 stoplights. Didn’t notice anything but I will keep alert for that happening. 

9 hours ago, Jason72 said:

I had all 4 windows down. Sat at 2 stoplights. Didn’t notice anything but I will keep alert for that happening. 

Thats Good 👍