Tire size question

What is the widest tire that can fit on a factory rim, back and front?  I want to keep the original rallys but put as wide as a tire as possible on it.

Sorry for the seemingly generic question, but I don't have my hands on my Monte yet.  It's being shipped to me this week and I want to make it my own!

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thomas. I’m not a tire guy so I will defer on answering but if you search “ tire size” you’re going to find more information than you thought possible. I’m sure someone will respond but this will keep you from waiting. Post some pictures of your car when you get it. Welcome to the lurking stage of membership, we all did it before we became full fledged dues paying members. Best 25 bucks I’ve ever spent. 

• Like 4

Thomas, your stock rallys are 15x7" with a .30" (+8mm) offset which translates to a 4.30" backspace. You can safely mount up to a 255/60-15 on those rims. That tire is 27" tall and 10" tread width. Anything bigger/wider will require a wider rim and/or additional positive offset.  Putting fatter tires on stock rims might be possible, but it would look like a 300 pound ballerina in a tutu.

I run the 255/60-15 on a 7" wide non-stock rally wheel with 4.50" backspace on the front (only) but the stock rally wheel would work equally well.

P3030184.JPG

• Like 3