Cowl Vent A/C Monte

Stuckin70s

GM OEM Part: 3909049.  The bracket connector to the Cowl Vent Actuator.  It appears to be some type of pot metal.  The whole assembly is on backorder over a year.  I only need the bracket.  Someone out there has to be making the bracket for the supply houses. Please advise.  Thank you.

20230730_145602.jpg

20230729_230555.jpg

2023_07_30_17_11_48_RESTOPARTS_Vacuum_Actuator_Cowl_Vent_1970_72_Chevelle_El_Camino_Monte_Carlo_.jpg

I ran into the same thing, mine was broken. Tried to repair it, but didn't work out too well. Did all sorts of searching for the part itself, no luck.

Call Leo Konik, he sent me just the part I needed. He's a member here too.

https://koniksklassiks.com/

• Like 1

Don’t laugh but I did fix mine. I made a piece of steel, drilled a couple holes and made it work. I got one from a member and threw this in the box of parts. 

IMG_5761.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2023 at 6:20 PM, jft69z said:

I ran into the same thing, mine was broken. Tried to repair it, but didn't work out too well. Did all sorts of searching for the part itself, no luck.

Wonderful... thank you very much... will get on it... Brad

Thank you jft69z, Leo had some salvaged connectors on the shelf... he's shipping it out this week.  I so appreciate the new resource.  Stay Safe.  Brad

Edited by Stuckin70s
update experiance

1 minute ago, Stuckin70s said:

Wonderful... thank you very much... will get on it... Brad

You're welcome!

Let us know how it works out.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:20 PM, jft69z said:

Grant MacPherson. I would start with the vacuum check valve.  If it installed installed backwards there will be no vacuum going to the switch.  The pointy end of the little white valve should point towards the manifold vacuum source.

72 Monte Vacuum diagram heater box.pdf

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

You're welcome!

Let us know how it works out.

Wonderful.... thank you so much.  Leo had a couple salvaged on the shelf and will be sending one right out to me.   

9 minutes ago, Stuckin70s said:

Wonderful.... thank you so much.  Leo had a couple salvaged on the shelf and will be sending one right out to me.   

That's great, thanks for the update. 

1 hour ago, Grant MacPherson said:

What are the symptoms when this fails? I seem to have lost control of where the air is directed, was going to start with the control switch but maybe should start with the damper?

Thanks

The one Brad has broken, is located inside the actual cowl, and just directs outside air into the vehicle. If you go to 'MAX' cooling, it closes off the outside air and recirculates the cooler air inside the car. That damper isn't your problem. Like Brad said, see if you have vacuum first.