New air filter

Ian

I have been wanting to get this since I put the FI on last year. Well Santa brought it yesterday afternoon smile

hly-64280.jpg

Now I need to get it put on and take some pictures...

It is raining frown and I have to back it out about half way to open the hood because of the bikes hanging from the ceiling... Oh yeah I will have it there on the 3rd, momma is driving it and I am driving the RV.

Well I got it mounted... It sits a little high, and is rubbing on the hood liner frown I may see if I can have about 1/2" taken out of the base.. I am thinking of just taking the hood liner out. Am I right in thinking it traps heat anyway? Will I risk the paint getting too hot? How many people are not running the hood liner, or what else are you using?

SD200_4989.JPG

SD200_4975.JPG

There are spots missing from a thrown belt and the old A/C leaked on to it...

SD200_4987.JPG

Looks good, too bad it's a bit too tall.

I had removed my hood insulation a long time ago to clear my tall 14" diameter air filter. The hood never got hot or barely warm...I've since been driving it with a fiberglass hood with no insulation and again it's not even close to being hot.

What is the width on that unit? You gotta make sure a cowl hood is wide enough to clear the ends before even considering that option.

Bill

It is 12.5 between the filters. The outer ends are what were hitting by the inner ribs. It is close now but it should be OK. I was looking at the cowl hoods at US Body Source and they look nice, but $$$$ + paint $$$ frown Not this year.I want to get the rear end upgraded, and my 700R4 in this year..

Like I said Sam I do not see a new hood in the near future, so that is good to know. I was also thinking would putting new body mounts in, raise the whole body up a little?

I was watching a show on Speed today and Stacey (the old host from Trucks) built a "bar stool" go cart with a 305 Chevy motor in it...he used your new air cleaner that you just installed, he had a rod that extended up though the top of the filter base and the seat just screwed to it...he litterly just spun the bar stool seat on the rod till it bottomed out on top of the bases center section.

The filters stuck out either side...kinda cool but I wouldn't trust sitting on that... crazy

Bill

hly-64280.jpg