GM's Transparent Trailer View camera.

DragCat

Just a heads up for anyone that trailers anything and thought THIS would be cool and maybe some added safety..............BEWARE....

The camera only works with the vehicle in DRIVE...........NOT IN REVERSE............

And anyone thats gone to the parts dept and bought "anything" electrical knows, once you touch it you own it. Good, bad, whatever....

I think its obvious I'm a tad ticked off 🤣

• Sad 1

The whole purpose of the purchase was to integrate the trailer camera with the existing console camera displays. In retrospect I should have done more detailed reading. I guess I have to take the hit on this, just wanted to let everyone know. Stupid ( in my mind) that a camera for example on the back of a camper shuts off when in reverse 😮

• Like 1

There are numerous manufacturers of wireless camera systems for your trailer. I am currently in the process of selecting one for my enclosed trailer. Depending on its options and how it’s set up, they can work either just in reverse or constantly on all the time. Some even have multiple cameras for the sides of trailer too, or for the inside of the trailer so you can monitor your cargo or vehicle while towing. They even offer various size vehicle viewing screens and cameras, from 1080 to 4K pixels with night vision too. 

5 hours ago, Montemedic said:

There are numerous manufacturers of wireless camera systems for your trailer. I am currently in the process of selecting one for my enclosed trailer. 

Thats why I started the post CK, who would have thunk (yea Dennis I did that on purpose) GM sold a camera that integrates with all the other truck(Silverado) cameras that cuts off when you put the truck in reverse 🙃