FOUND! : rear bumper brackets

16 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Looking at it how hard would be to make something similar?

16 hours ago, BobW said:

Looking at the one I got from cbolt, I'm pretty sure I can make a brace for that side.

Cleaned up what I have and painted them. Figured out what I need for bolts and visited my local Ace store. I should get it mounted tomorrow.

Much thanks to Jim (cbolt) for offering the parts!

First step was finding a piece of tubing to use. Never throw anything potentially reusable away! This was a mount from a solar panel, had just the right bend!

BumpBrace1.thumb.jpg.e16f0f76b6d16589cc5e9682572eadbe.jpg

Next step was to turn on my dyslexia to create a mirror image. 🤔  After an hour or so with judicious use of a BFH, here's the resulting test fit.🔨

BumpBrace2.thumb.jpg.ea78812155c3a0e700821a772009d408.jpg

And mounted on the Monte!

Paint13.thumb.jpg.68295e323fbcf4dd079e926a15c4749a.jpg

Thanks to all for the advice, and an extra thankyou to Jim (cbolt) for his generosity!  👍 

• Like 5

• BobW changed the title to FOUND! : rear bumper brackets

Looks great Bob! We need to meet up somewhere for a cruise in or something. Hey, are you planning on attending the Turkey Run this year?

I am sure there are car shows and cruise ins and whatnot in the Deland/Deltona areas which is roughly halfway between us and a not so bad drive. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Looks great Bob! We need to meet up somewhere for a cruise in or something. Hey, are you planning on attending the Turkey Run this year?

I am sure there are car shows and cruise ins and whatnot in the Deland/Deltona areas which is roughly halfway between us and a not so bad drive. 

Thanks Jim!

Not planning on Daytona, but there are some regular shows on Deland. I'll keep an eye on what's listed and get in touch!

I've got to make the time do do a build thread .....

• 2 weeks later...