Trunk key emblem

willie

The truck key emblem, goes around the key and mounts on the trunk lid. I could of sworn that it was only for the '72s, but i seen one today that had the same Greek numerals as the '71.

Am i seeing things or i am wrong about only the '72s have it?

5 minutes ago, willie said:

The truck key emblem, goes around the key and mounts on the trunk lid. I could of sworn that it was only for the '72s, but i seen one today that had the same Greek numerals as the '71.

Am i seeing things or i am wrong about only the '72s have it?

Both the 71 and 72 had the Knight Crest around the trunk key hole.  70 was the only one that didn't have it.

rob

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Both the 71 and 72 had the Knight Crest around the trunk key hole.  70 was the only one that didn't have it.

rob

And the 71 has the roman numerals on it just like the 71 grille emblem. The 72 does not have the numerals on the grille or the trunk emblem. 

Sorry for the small pics, but zoom in on our 71 Barn Find, Silver one and Kevin's 71 Blue SS next to our 71 Covid Monte. You can see the trunk emblems. 

PXL_20221016_121539218.jpg

PXL_20210911_155353652.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gothamsproblem said:

Lol nice barn finds! Jealously beautiful 😍

Thank you. But "Barn Find" is just that, a pole barn find near Johnsonville  ny.  She's a 71 402 car with a th400, 3.31 posi rear, power bench seat, power windows,  power trunk, am/fm stereo, tilt wheel, a/c, rear defog, vanity mirror, gauge package, wide belt mouldings, bumper guards, p02 hubcaps and more I'm sure I'm forgetting. Lol. 

There is a thread on here, I believe its- Awake after 34 year slumber!. If you get a chance check it out. Lol

The black 71 "Covid" Monte is just that. Something we slapped together with some of the "in stock" parts we had laying around during Covid. 

The Blue 71 SS was purchased as is in PA. Haven't had time to "finesse " her just yet. 

• Like 3