10 point cage

Monte72Carlo

I was looking into getting a cage for future purposes. I was thinking now was the time while I'm at the stage I'm at right now it will be easy to install rather than later.

any ideas on prebent or getting a custome one?

I was looking at this one from s&w racing [link]http://www.swracecars.com/store/10-Point-Roll-Cage-OSCARItem_121=11-1593-CM.aspx[/link]

also any ideas on price to install a prebent one?

thanks,

Garrett.

I agree, have it done by someone who has done it before. Hopefully in most cases the cage will just be to be "legal" at the Track for a certain ET or faster, hopefully it'll never be put to use.....

You're right by the looks of your car in you sig, now is the time!

We used a S&W in my old drag car. It was a Old Cutlass. We did all the fitting and tack welding ourselves, and then had a real good welder do the finish welding. I can tell you it took a lot of trial and error even with a "prebent" kit. I would talk to local racers in your area to see how does the best work..

Just in case that your custom roll cage price goes into several thousand dollars, you might also want to take a look at the TigerCage:

http://www.ridetech.com/catalog/TigerCage-2490-1.html

They will come out with a version for A-Bodies soon. It is very expensive, but basically a bolt-in full cage...

I was leaning towards the 10 point for aesthetic reasons. My car is only set up to go into the 12s anyways but who knows later on might as well put one in now and it would greatly help my mom in the fact that I have around 500hp in my first car.

anyone have an idea of total price?

thanks,

Garrett.

why not a 10 point, don't like yours?

I kinda like the idea of door bars

You will have to have a door bar (at least drivers side) if you are going faster than 11.50...meaning you need a minimum of a 5 point bar. At that point I would put a passenger bar in and make it a 6 point to just balance the look out...I know you are not trying to save the weight but are going for "the look".

I would definately recommend swing out door bars.

Bill

You can go with a prebent or custom bent cage setup

In NY it runs about $100 a point to install

Thats with a prebent set up

so it could be up around $1000 - $1200 complete

Mine is a 8pt and cost $800 with an extra bar with drive shaft loop in the frame rails

I had it done at NRC when Bob was on LI

it was put in about 7 yrs ago

If your wallet can afford it go with a moly cage

from S&W or Comp Eng

Now would be the time to do it on your monte

Hope that helps a bit

Tommy