navagating the site

Mikstudie

Why do I have such a problem,I access the site from many differant computers and its always slow,sometimes it's faster to close and reopen again.It happens all the time at home at work(laptop) even on the shop computers. Anyone else??

I can get in fast but when a post is submitting....then I wait or if I refresh ...I wait.

Perhaps it is because there is SO MUCH on this site? A zillion photos, etc.??

it helped a tinge...then I clicked on this forum & topic and it took a moment for it to come up. I am using FGMCC_Default.

My defaults are at 10 as you suggested above.

I think part of it is that we are on a shared hosting server, and depending on the load of that server it can slow us down. Sometimes it is real fast for me, others I see the slowdown... We may need to look at a better hosting company. The one we use is a good company, but there are better ones out there. I use the same hosting company for my personal sites and have been for years, but it is not a heavy used site like this.. I will see if I can talk to the hosting company and see if they see high loads on their end...

there seems to be a problem with the routing between flint, MI and the FGMCC

i didn't have any where near the problems with my mom's AT&T DSL that I do with comcast..

Leo's DSL is just as slow as my comcast cable so I don't know.

I have a bad habit of using my back button and when I do the site gets really slow. If I use the forum list button everytime it works fine. As for opening the forum when I first get on I usually dont have a problem at work. When I am at home it is slow but I belive it to be my poor DSL.