Heads

Leghome

Talked to our best local engine guru this week and he looked in his records and my application will most likely need 7.300 pushrods but he also highly recommended doing a little testing with an adjustable push rod. My son in-law Jamey will be here tomorrow and I should know what I need very soon. He is bringing an adjustable rod 

• Like 4

Jamey came up today and we have gotten the pushrods figured out that they need to be 7.266" long which means the Comp Cams 7609-16 are going to work. I did take our adjustable pushrod into my local guru and he measured and he got a 7.275 on his caliper and recommended I go with the above. So a trip to Jegs or Summit is probably in the works for tomrrow 

• Like 3

Jegs did not have the pushrods in stock Summit did but decided against a four hour  drive for $100 worth of parts so they are being shipped

• Like 3

Just got my headers back from the ceramic coater and Me thinks they look fantastic the intake should be ready by Friday and will look similar to the headers

IMG_1511.jpeg

IMG_1512.jpeg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

It is coming together slowly but surely. All of the holes for the temp gauges and headers are a different size so many trips to the hardware store is slowing me as i get frustrated and then discouraged so keep taking breaks lol.

IMG_1529.JPG

• Like 9

It won't be long, git-er-done and bring her to the Eastern Meet.

rob

• Like 5

Looking good Larry, me thinks you're doing a great job. Don't be breaking any knuckles, when we bleed, we bleed together😊gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

Looking good Larry, me thinks you're doing a great job. Don't be breaking any knuckles, when we bleed, we bleed together😊gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

Jim, you might not want to say that with me around. I’ve heard there’s already a blood shortage. lol. 😂 

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Ole Red is up and running. I am so tired of working on him that I hope I never have wrench on him again.  Still some tweaking to do but we are close to being road worthy again.  I’ve tried to up load the video I made but it keeps giving me a 200 error code so I am guessing it is to big of a file

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Leghome said:

Ole Red is up and running. I am so tired of working on him that I hope I never have wrench on him again.  Still some tweaking to do but we are close to being road worthy again.  I’ve tried to up load the video I made but it keeps giving me a 200 error code so I am guessing it is to big of a file

So, Old Red is ready to tear up the road, hook up the pull behind and head to Carlisle for the Eastern Meet.  We hope you will be able to make it.

rob

• Like 1