UMI control arm relocation brackets and arms

Heckeng

With a little nice weather, I got the UMI Relocation Brackets I got for christmas installed. I also bought some new lower control arms with the money from selling my electric fuel pump stuff. All in all, they turned out pretty good, and they were a pretty easy install too. These were much easier to put in than the South Side Machine Bars, and these have polyurethane bushings instead of the teflon solid ones like the SSMs. I think (hope) I am going to like these better.

umirelocationbrackets1.jpg

umirelocationbrackets2.jpg

Looks good Scott. That should help your 60' times. When I installed mine I really didn't notice any change with the ride of the car. I did drop my 60' a little more than a .10. Seems to really help plant the rear tires with the change in the IC.

GO TO THE TRACK!!!! grin

David

I haven't driven it yet but I will definitely give some results. I've been wondering about that David.

Were you spinning without them? Or did that .1 second come simply from not wasting energy compressing the suspension?

Right now, even without the relocation brackets but with slicks I can get the car to hook. Might I gain a some time even though I wasn't spinning?

I haven't driven it yet but I will definitely give some results. I've been wondering about that David.

Were you spinning without them? Or did that .1 second come simply from not wasting energy compressing the suspension?

Right now, even without the relocation brackets but with slicks I can get the car to hook. Might I gain a some time even though I wasn't spinning?

Yes I was spinning (even with my puny s/b) grin I think it was the combination of the LCA brackets and air bag that helped. When I started playing with my front suspension ( drag shocks, swaybar removal) and added QA-1 single adjustables out back the car became very consistent in the 60'. It took me a while to figure out the setting for everything but I started gaining on it at the last T&T. With the extra weight removed over the winter and the header upgrade I'm hoping for mid 1.60's. Moving the IC helped separate the tires and body (pushing the tires down). I have a good photo taken at the track showing the separation. I'll try to download and post. I'm betting you'll see an improvment!!

David

Just a guess Scott but I think your car was spinning you just didn't realize it. Your making way more h/p and grunt than me.

Very interesting. I never really considered that I could be spinning. It didn't feel like it but I've never watched or had anybody watch the tires. My 60' does suck, maybe that would explain it! I hope so.