Dashboard paint

So I have decided to refurbish my dashboard instead of buying a new one. Does anyone have any paint recommendations for the black plastic? I was going to use a chrome paint pen to detail the chrome trim on the dash, but after looking at it, i need to paint it first. Any help would be appreciated. 

I used the sem trim black like Dennis suggested to you on my son's dash before doing the chrome trim with a paint marker. 

PXL_20231005_181239585.jpg

PXL_20231018_174319855.jpg

PXL_20231126_162909271.jpg

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Dtret said:

SEM makes real nice interior trim paint. You can get it anywhere that sells automotive paint 

They sure do. Their color coat automotive interior paint works well. They also make a mild solvent based wax and grease remover for prep, which is extremely important because of all the silicone based spray and wipe protectants used on interiors. Silicone is a painters worst nightmare.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

I used the sem trim black like Dennis suggested to you on my son's dash before doing the chrome trim with a paint marker. 

PXL_20231005_181239585.jpg

PXL_20231018_174319855.jpg

PXL_20231126_162909271.jpg

This is exactly what I want to do with my dashboard. Thanks for posting the pics

• You're Welcome 1