new member S.MAUG

hello fellow members!   Letting you all know that i'm getting better at navigating our club website.   I have recently gotten my 70SSair compressor and should have my upgraded grille for the other 70 402, all from you my fellow club members. thank you  I would like to put the word out that if any one could help me find at least one nice set of bumper guards I would be indebted.  both my cars do not have them and Ibelieve that they really do set the vehicle off. probably can only afford 1 set at this time. probably going to be lucky to find a good set. never been through having something rechromed so was hoping to find a real nice set, but if not guess i'll learn.  know that i'm enjoying reading all members interactions between each other. you guys are fantastic. thank you for having me. you all make me feel like family. note: my air force buddy also retired in tennesee just called and asked if i might be interested in a 71 bench seat small block slightly rusted roller his friend has. I said HECK YEAH!!!   told him what i was a part of. he was very enthusiastic for me.  thank you all again for any help.

i

• Like 5

Hey Steve, if your not really talking to your friend that you lent the Monte to, he wasn't a real friend anyway. If he smacked your car up, he should of replaced it somehow. Thats a friend!!!   Then you kick his Butt!!!!!   

As far as the bumper guards, (i don't have any) when you are looking for them make sure you are looking for the correct ones. I remember there was a small set and a large set, i don't think you are looking for the large set as they are too big!!   Good Luck hunting!!

I know that I have some. Let me check the chrome but I figure that they will probably have a have new rubber inserts. Don’t hold your breath while waiting. I seen some in my new batch of parts but have no idea what tote they are in. I only have about 40 totes to look back through. Be patient with me. Thanks 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

first thank you willie and Dtret, willie im still waiting and looking for Chad was his name. he ssplit an went to iowa to his dads. hmmm hope i live long enouto get a reckoning. my wife feels the same way as you. at least i still have her soul "her engine 402 and trans 400" he was a jerk.

'hey Dtret thank you my friend also, yes i'm sure the small ones are what i am looking for. didn't know large and small. after owning 7 first gen's one would think i would but none have had the guards. i have always admired them. the small ones, ha ha. one set is great but 2 sets would be fantastic!  to you both i say unequivocally thank you. 

'

'

• Like 2

Here's what the Large ones look like.  There is a NOS set on FB up here near me that have been for sale forever (can't remember if they are front or rear.  They certainly are different!

Gigantic Rear Bumper Guards.jpg

Gigantic Front Bumper Guards2.jpg

• Like 2

• hello monte70z20, wow not the ones i'm looking for.  those are cop car / blues brothers cruiser style. thank youfor responding. another club member thinks he can help me. i'llreach out if i can think of anything else, thank you my friend
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S.Maug said:
  • hello monte70z20, wow not the ones i'm looking for.  those are cop car / blues brothers cruiser style. thank youfor responding. another club member thinks he can help me. i'llreach out if i can think of anything else, thank you my friend

Funny, that was the first thing that came to my mind before even reading your post.

• Like 1

my dad had a 75 dodge royal monaco, hideaway headlamps, 440, forest green monster. that picture of the big ones on the monte sure reminded me of it. definitely a jake and elwood car.  i was 14 and man would it burn rubber!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S.Maug said:

again, WOW   those are monsters !!!!!

I found them. Now I need to clean them up and see if they are good enough for what you’re looking for. 

• Like 1

excellent!  Thank you Dennis. if it's ok to call you Dennis, your making my day.   i'm always available.  we're you considering or able to also help  with air ride part's i would need to resuscitate my SS at home in illinois?  her name is sin city.  my cars/girls have names. hope that doesn't make me an odd duck sir.  looking forward to your assessment of the guards. and any and all help is for a noble cause of which i will be forever grateful.  just let me know.  sincerely   steve.

sorry i think i resent this.  still a novice but learning.  also to Marks 71   have you ever seen bumper guards that size before?  what were the gm designers smoking !!!

Never have. They looked like aftermarket. Don’t remember the rears being space that far apart either. Not sure why there would be 2 sizes unless they were year specific. The ones shown are on a 72.

I’ve seen them big things on Monte’s before. Not a fan of the at all. Honestly I’m not the bumper guard type. I think they look strange. But my 72 has the and they will remain. 

2 hours ago, S.Maug said:

excellent!  Thank you Dennis. if it's ok to call you Dennis, your making my day.   i'm always available.  we're you considering or able to also help  with air ride part's i would need to resuscitate my SS at home in illinois?  her name is sin city.  my cars/girls have names. hope that doesn't make me an odd duck sir.  looking forward to your assessment of the guards. and any and all help is for a noble cause of which i will be forever grateful.  just let me know.  sincerely   steve.

Dennis is great. My parents seemed to like it for some dumb reason too. lol. Are you really sure you want to drill holes in the nice original bumpers?  Once you start drilling you can’t go back. I wonder if I have nice bumpers with holes already in them. 🤔🤔 I don’t believe I do. lol. I get on the cleaning tomorrow. 

yes I'll measure twice drill once. LoL i originally was in a quandary to drill holes, but i love the look. saw them on a 72 down here the other day, and i really liked them. thank you Dennis.

On 5/6/2024 at 6:47 PM, S.Maug said:

hello fellow members!   Letting you all know that i'm getting better at navigating our club website.   I have recently gotten my 70SSair compressor and should have my upgraded grille for the other 70 402, all from you my fellow club members. thank you  I would like to put the word out that if any one could help me find at least one nice set of bumper guards I would be indebted.  both my cars do not have them and Ibelieve that they really do set the vehicle off. probably can only afford 1 set at this time. probably going to be lucky to find a good set. never been through having something rechromed so was hoping to find a real nice set, but if not guess i'll learn.  know that i'm enjoying reading all members interactions between each other. you guys are fantastic. thank you for having me. you all make me feel like family. note: my air force buddy also retired in tennesee just called and asked if i might be interested in a 71 bench seat small block slightly rusted roller his friend has. I said HECK YEAH!!!   told him what i was a part of. he was very enthusiastic for me.  thank you all again for any help.

i

Here’s some pics for you Steve. The other sets are pretty pitted. These in the pictures are nice driver quality and are not close to perfect and the will need new rubber inserts. 

IMG_7433.jpeg

IMG_7435.jpeg

IMG_7436.jpeg

IMG_7434.jpeg

IMG_7437.jpeg

IMG_7438.jpeg

Thank you Dennis, I would be interested.  They are relatively hard to find. I like the way they finish out the look of the car.  you are correct, hate to drill on my new bumpers but what choice have I got if that's the look i'm shooting for. eye of the beholder I  always say ha ha.  could you give me a fellow member deal on them? and do you have 2 sets?  If Iwould need to have them rechromed I can make that call later.  thank you for all your trouble and just let me know.  I'm always available.   

50 minutes ago, S.Maug said:

Thank you Dennis, I would be interested.  They are relatively hard to find. I like the way they finish out the look of the car.  you are correct, hate to drill on my new bumpers but what choice have I got if that's the look i'm shooting for. eye of the beholder I  always say ha ha.  could you give me a fellow member deal on them? and do you have 2 sets?  If Iwould need to have them rechromed I can make that call later.  thank you for all your trouble and just let me know.  I'm always available.   

I have plenty sets but no doubt the rest would have to be chromed. Let me work these a little more. All I did was SOS them in hot water. Let me hit them with some polish and clean the inside some. 

Oh Dennis   don't put yourself through all that. price me out two sets, I'll pay you and have you send to s&h in Tennessee. I'll contact them.  never dealt with before, but will learn fast i suppose, ha ha     thanks buddy

2 hours ago, S.Maug said:

Oh Dennis   don't put yourself through all that. price me out two sets, I'll pay you and have you send to s&h in Tennessee. I'll contact them.  never dealt with before, but will learn fast i suppose, ha ha     thanks buddy

If you’re getting them chromed anyway, I’ll sell the ones that need it done. A lot less expensive for you. Let me know on that. Another thing, you said two sets( that’s fine) but if you know put them on one car then you can have the best of both worlds. And not drill 4.bumpers. I’m good either way. Get a price from them first so you don’t go into sticker shock. Let me know