new crome vs. recrome

metz6565

I have a rechromed bumper on my rear and when it came time to do my front I didn't have enough money to have it done but I had enough for one of the reproduction bumpers. I can tell you that the fit of the reproduction was absolutely perfect. The finish is not as nice as you may get from a high quality chrome shop but it is very acceptable. I still have my origional front bumper and in the future I plan to have it rechromed but I am perfectly happy with the reproduction one.

Rob

I'd agree rob.. the chrome on the re-pop bumpers isn't _perfecct_ but it is really nice and I wouldn't have a problem using a repop on a driver, or even a casual show car. for a concourse car I would definately reccomend the extra $$$ to have an original bumper rechromed.

the repop bumpers leo gets are pretty darn close to original, give him a call he'll be glad to help you out. He may even have a nice original bumper that he can get rechromed for you.

ditto

Had rechromed original 71 front&rear bumpers and a repop 72 front bumper. The original rechromed bumpers were show quality, the repop was very nice, but not as good...

I ended up with a NOS rear Bumper I purchased on Ebay and sent my front bumper to Tri City Plating in TN. They really did a great job. I like both bumpers.

• 2 weeks later...

In 2007 I sent my rear bumper to Tri-City (Cleveland, OH to TN) and it cost me $26.64 (insured for $500). They charged me $340 total...$300 to rechrome & $40 shipping.

That should give you a rough idea since you are just 1 state away.

We were VERY happy with it.