Restored Trunk

Being that I'm not going to get to do the full restoration any time soon.....I figured I would clean up some more of the stuff that really bothered me....so I re-finished the trunk.

Tim wasn't around....lol... So I took my own pictures smile

trunk120091.jpg

trunk320091.jpg

Steve

It looks great! Nice job. smile

Did you use a clear coat over the spatter paint?

The trunk mat that we bought for the '71 curls on the edges, even after laying it in the sunlight and then later heating it with a heat gun.

Yours looks much better. Where did you buy it? I need 1 for the SS.

Dan.

Salutes to this fine work....!!

Janin

(You make it hard to show my trunk in the progress now... wink )

Thanks everyone...it's the little things that make me happy smile

Dan,

I used one coat of Dupont clear on it to seal it. It shines a bit more than it should but it's solid and looks great.

I bought the mat from Don's East Coast because he's local to me. The mat was very inexpensive, only $25, and it's made by R.E.M. Don has a web site and can ship one to you if you'd like. I took the picture right after I finished, it rolled out perfect.....the only thing was the cut for the jack was off a bit so I made a new one. The orignial cut is under the spare so you don't even know it's there. That maybe because it's for a 71 Chevelle but there really shouldn't be a difference because the Chevelle has the same trunk floor.

If you speak to him, tell him "Steve with the Monte" recommended you....I'll get some extra points that way too....lol.

http://eastcoastrestorations.com/shop/

Tim...I couldn't help myself.... smile

Looks really nice...thumbs_up.gif

I do hope you take that spare tire out of there when you race...unless you need it for traction.

Bill

Looks real nice Steve!! Nice and clean

I got a mat from REM as well, still havent opened the box, its been 2 years, Ill bet that one takes a while to lay flat.

I like the clear on it.

I've had Don's catalogs before. Our trunk mat came from OPGI and I had to do the same cut for the jack bracket on it 2 yrs ago. I called OPGI about it not fitting and the guy acted like he didn't know what the h*ll I was talking about, but he did offer to take it back. I just made a new cut. I wonder if they fit the Chevelles without mods?

I'll try the one from Don's, just because it lays down right.

Thanks!

Take that 40 lb anchor out of there and you will see an increase in ET by like .05 seconds... wink

Bill