drip rail shave

Kevin Wiles

My buddy did it on a 54 chevy pickup. I never realized it was that much work. Once you shave that rail off the whole thing wants to separate into 2 pcs. You have to do sections and take your time. From what I saw it wasn't super difficult, just very time consuming.

Nygel

My friend did it on his Camaro, I only saw the end result, I will tell you one thing, it always seemed to let the water in the window at the most annoying times. They are there for a reason, not that youll be doing much driving in the rain, just something to consider

I did like the way it looked however

dont' do it.. you won't be happy.

those drip rails are also an aerodynamic thing.. they *REALLLY* cut down on the windnoise and buffeting you get with the windows open...

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin i have them shaved on my monte and love it! It took a bit of work but you should be able to handle it. I cut the top layer off with a disc cutter. Then i rolled the under layer over and hammered it down. Then i welded the whole seam a spott at a time. Yes when it rains it runs down the windows..... But for my car that has been in the rain one time who cares. as far as wind it should break off the edge cleaner and have less noise. email me and ill try to come up with some pics. eb_fast@yahoo.com

i drive my car in the rain all the time.., I love being able to have the windows open!

but those drip rails are really important to cutting down windnoise inside the car when the windows are open..

my '98 buick regal is DEAFINING compared to my monte...

if you ride aroudn with the windows closed and the A/C on.. i guess it doesn't matter :P~