big block 700hp+ build

Guest Anton

Hey fellas, I am a proud owner of a 1971 all original monte carlo, I was on a fender bender with the car back in august and I decided hell if I'm gonna put

Money in it mind as well set it up right. I bought a 455ci motor on crate when I bought the car. The motor is completely built, rated for over 700hp lifted cam dual throttle carb I haven't had a chance to take the motor apart and compression test it and see what kind of heads I have on it. Its

Got a custom welded oil pan, msd pro ignition system and a have a tci 400 trans. I'm gonna still change a lot on it but your suggestions

Are welcome, thanks

Hard to give you any advice if we don't know what you want and what exactly you have! Glad you are joining us though! What do you want to do with this car? Drag race only? Street only, some combo of the two? What gears and stall do you have? Did you really buy a 455? Maybe a 454 instead?

It's likely that if your 454 is making 700hp+ it is a race gas motor. Hard to make that kind of power on pump gas without going with bigger cubic inches. The more details the better, plently of people on here who can give you some ideas about the specs/combo.

Pontiac, Olds, and Buick made a 455. So it's very possible he did buy a 455. If it is it will most likely make parts harder/more expensive because they are different from a 454, and the 455s are even different amongst themselves.

Pontiac, Olds, and Buick made a 455. So it's very possible he did buy a 455. If it is it will most likely make parts harder/more expensive because they are different from a 454, and the 455s are even different amongst themselves.

That's why I am asking, It would be kind of strange to put one of those in a Monte, but to each their own!

How about a Procharger? Right now they seem to be my favorite way of making boost. Plus no need to modify or spend bug money on fancy headers. They can be made to work well with a blow through carb so no need to spend big money on a fuel injection system and they make just about as much hp or more than a single turbo or supercharger.

Garrett.

Pro-Charger is the way to go. It will boost the 502 about 600 hp. Should do the trick. Come on Western Meet.

Are you going with the F2 Royce?