almost done (by Bobsmc)

Capri's 71 SS

i got the cover off ebay[no name but i liked the look and it was cheap].

those are standard 8" ralleys

the brake set up is off newer s10 blazer[single piston calipers]

i wanted the ebrake to function and these look so much cleaner than the old caddy calipers with the lever outside the caliper

still need to fab some cables and figure out the bias set up.

but once i get it right i can give you all the details.

the fit is great ,had some backspace issues on the set up due to the moser axle flange was so much thicker[not to happy about that]

bob

moser axles are trouble

and their tech support told me to pound salt.

i just road tested the monte and the brakes work great , but the tires rub on the wheel well because the axle flange is 3/16 " wider bringing the wheel out to far

can anyone tell me the stock backspacing on a 8" rally?

i have alot of room on the inside .

Summit carries rally wheels and you name the backspacing you need. The 16x8 on the rear of my Monte has a 4.5" backspacing I'm not sure if I have any pictures towards the inner fender well. Overall my set of wheels is really 9" not the 8" like they say.26685730083_large.jpg towards the inner fender well. towards the wheel well chrome 26685730082_large.jpg Bob here is a link to summits rally wheel 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing wheels

well,

moser tech and customer service was a serious waste of my time on the tire rub issue!they s@ck!!

i called summit and at first i got nowhere but asked for a manager and they sold me a set of vantiques ralleys with the 5" backspacing required to get me off the tire at below cost to make me happy again.

so it cost me another 100 to get back to where i was before i spent 250 on the moser junk!

oh well,i guess if you want it to work you have to buy more parts

[win /win for aftermarket ]

bob

Stock back spacing on the infamous corvette 8" rally is 4".

An aftermarket rally with 5" of b.s. like Summit says will get you back on track... wink

Are your front wheels 8" also? If so they will look goofy with the new rear wheels...the fronts will be a deeper dish...if you have 7" factory rally wheels in front you are good to go and they will match the rear. Also remember the new rear rims will not accept the deep dish rings you had with the Corvette rally's.

You must have not seen my many posts about my Moser axles that they are like a 1/4" thicker and stick the wheel out further...in my case it worked to my advantage as I needed to move the wheel out that distance.

thanks for the compliments!!!

on the road test the brakes worked great.

the whole set up was very cheap compaired to the kits available

i went to pull a part and got the whole set up for $50 .

bought new backing plates 30 rotors 40 traded the calipers in for loaded cals for 100

2 new flex hoses at30 bolted everything up

it stopped great with no changes to the proportioning valve.

if you used the system as is 50 is a cheap upgrade!!

bill

at least i know its not just me .

you confirm that the axle brings the wheel out.

Moser tech keeps telling me that im measuring wrong,it must be the wrong axle for my application etc.

i spoke to three different tech support guys and they all said the same thing.

i hope they come to our site and see this!

once again ,your on your own if you have problems with thier products

bob

The amount is small enough that the majority of people probably never notice it unless they are running a particular wheel or running a real fat tire. That's a shame they didn't help you and make things right.

bill,

can i run 5" backspacing in the frt?

the trim rings fit on the 5" ofset, but do look slightly different.will the car track different with the wheels offset difference?

bob