Brake booster/master cyl

Chevyss

Does anyone know what booster/cylinder would/could replace the stock one?? Looking for room. They make an 8" will it replace the 11" and be ok??

Thanks in advance

I run an 8" dual booster as well and I'm with Sam, it takes more foot to get her to stop.

you had to go and mention the MC didn't ya....now this is going to cost Royce at least $300....... lol

Do what Dave does, and lower your standards.

"If it's good enough, I can find it on sale elsewhere".

if Royce lowers his standards he's going to have to move to Yucaipa....there are spaces available...

I think ours is just fine Mark!!!! You don't need to spend big bucks....

!Bnhk0G!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-DgEttbk28UTBLjz4Ie

cool

I wish I had old manual brakes like that. Nice and clean, you can almost hide the MC completely.

It's not so bad if you go back to drum brakes, but running manual discs is near impossible.

Check with leo if you haven't ordered yet.. he sells parts from Right STuff Detailing and they are quite reasonable.. i think they have boosters for the monte.

The Monte has cruise control? It sounds like it's set up for a nice long drive, but it's going West on a trailer?

I bet that cruise will stop accelerating when you depress the brake pedal....wow, what a great idea that was! Those engineers of 40 years ago were really ahead of the curve.

Also surprised to see AC on the shovell. No doubt plumbed directly to the evaporator in your helmet? LOL

mark.. i've often wondered if using the A/C system to act as an intercooler would be able to produce enough extra h.p to offset the power used by the compressor...

Ummm....no? I'm sure something like this has been tried. If it was a great idea, we would have heard of it. For real calculations, if your engine normally inhales 100 degree air, and your AC setup could reduce that temp to 40 degrees, you would gain 4% in available horsepower at WOT. That's maybe 15hp tops, assuming your contraption has zero effect on air flow. When you factor in the 15 hp used to turn the compressor, and the rpm limits of the compressor, you end up loosing more than you would gain.

I'd vote for getting a 1600 CFM electric radiator fan, and mounting it in your hood to blow down into a funnel attatched to your carb. Much cheaper to fabricate, and looks more useful too.