tcs switch

$trainman

the tcs switch on my th350 located on the passenger side has three lugs one flat and two L shaped. the plug that appears to go to it is black with one connector. Its been 3 years since I took it apart and don't remember what goes where.

PLS HELP!!!

Dan

As far as I know, that is not the TCS. The TCS is typically located on the intake manifold. My knowledge of transmissions in limited so I'm not sure what that is you see on the transmission.

I don't remember a TH350 having any electric connections at all.

I know the TH400 has electric kickdown...but it is on the drivers side.

I did some poking around on the web trying to help you, and saw some mention of a TH350-C that has an electric locking converter. It was short production from 1989 to 93? The problem is the electric connector is on the driver's side for those also, so I came up empty. frown

TCS works like this.. there is a Third gear pressure switch on the transmission. This is used to activate the TCS relay and solonoid on the firewall.. to disable the vacuum signal to the ditributor until you are in 3rd gear, and/or the engine is fully warmed up.

Rear port on pass side is low, middle port by accum cover is 2nd, forward port by the kickdown cable area is 3rd.

My 71 has one like the picture above, that is part of the TCS system, but I only see 2 spade lugs on mine. Could be different 71 vs 72 if your trans is even still a 72 trans. (The car is over 37 years old and could have been changed) My TCS system was removed in May of 1971 to allow ported vacuum advance in any gear at any time or temperature. The connector end of the wire I believe was connected to my trans switch broke off, so I can't say any more than there is only one wire.

Are you are trying to make it just like it was from the factory?

Bruce

Problem solved guys!!!!!

You are right, there is no electrical connection on the th350. In place of this sensor/switch there should be a plug as shown in the pic above. This port is used for troubleshooting to check pressure in the trans. At some time this trans was serviced and the sensor/switch left in. OK. I still have a black wire comming out of the wire bundle that goes to the starter it is just above where the wires attach to the bracket at the rear of the block. Where does it go? In the factory assembly manual UPC 12H sheet 19 it shows what appears to be this wire going to the TCS on the M38 th350. I'm confused!!!!!!!

Dan

that switch is a pressure switch to tell something that the transmission is in 3rd gear... often used for computer controlled Torque converter clutches.