need a QUIET electric fuel pump

Tims71

I think this answers my question, I just pulled this off the Holley site for the Sniper NOS system

"To properly supply the carburetor and the Sniper™ System, use a fuel pump designed to operate between 4.5 and 7 psi with a flow rate of 0.1 gallons per horsepower at 6 psi. For example, an engine that produces 350 horsepower when the Sniper™ System is activated will require a fuel pump that flows at least 35 gallons per hour at 6 psi. *Actual performance gains will vary depending on the engine's co"

I looked at the Jegs' site, and some models of that pump stated that they needed a return line regulator, and other even larger pumps did not. It was a little confusing as to the correct way.

Here is the statement from the catalog:

Comp-60

Delivers 60 gph free-flow and 40 gph at 40psi

Precision CNC-machined pump housing ensures long life versus cast housings

All aluminum components anodized for corrosion and wear resisitance.

High efficiency electronic motors deliver more output using less amps than competitors.

Includes complete hardware package for easy mounting.

Service parts available for use with alcohol/methanol applications.

Requires a bypass/return style regulator.

Duder, I just took off a Mallory 140 on my 68 Chevelle. Quiet is not the word. It was solid mounted on the frame rail.

I will never use it. if you want it, pay the shipping.

Andy

Hi Andy,

thanks for the offer, but I already bought a new one and using it so its non returnable now, but I'm sure someone here would like it, they are nice and quiet

Tim

Duder, I just took off a Mallory 140 on my 68 Chevelle. Quiet is not the word. It was solid mounted on the frame rail.

I will never use it. if you want it, pay the shipping.

Andy

andy.

if you still have the pump, i would like to have it, tell me where to sent you the money and shipping address.

thanks

thanh

• 3 weeks later...