A day @ ATCO

Mom's Car

I happen to like muscle cars and have had many in my time. From V 8 Vegas to Hurst SCramblers. I happen to live at the Beach where I own a few rental properties and some stores. We are required to drive either 4 wheel drive or All wheel Drive vehicles. I debated getting either one of those Hot Rod Jeeps or a Trailblazer SS. What sold me on the Subaru was that it had all this room for carrying stuff, got great gas mileage, was cheap, and could be made from 185whp to 400whp with a stock block. I was sold on turbos early on. In 1987 I had a Dodge Colt with a turbo. I swapped on an intercooler from a Saab, turned the boost up to 20 lbs and slapped on the nitrous.

This thing went 14.05 at 103 mph all day long. I actually won the Street class that day. The bottom line is I like straight line performance and have respect for anyone who can get the job done.

In the Spring Gregg when Al's car is done and I have my new heads we all have to go racing together..should be a great time!!!

I may take you guy's up on that. When do you do your track rental? Alot of the guys that I went with are now dropping out so unless we get more slow cars to sign up.............. Most of these guy's were deep into the 10's and now that the track is teching all the car's........ no roll bar.....no racing. I have one of the smallest motors of the bunch. They like us, do not want to cut their car up. The only month's I can't go are July and August as that is my busy time and cannot leave. I think I slipped away from the Beach once this past Summer to check out the Cedar Beach cruise where I saw you and Scott. Maybe I will have cutouts to try by then. First one to 11.5000000 get's a chicken dinner

Hey Greg, we have had the same issues. We were part of a group that rented Island Dragway (NJ) every year (we didnt organize, just attended), they bailed last year on it and so did we. Organizing, collecting, etc for a track rental is pain!!! We'll figure something out for next year since we have few that really want to go and see what their cars can do. If they ask, my vote is for ATCO! Last year we only raced at Maple Grove at Super Chevy and it was a 100 degrees out in in late July, it was brutal...I would think sometime in April would be the timeframe.

My car is fully legal for my ET smile I love tech...let them look, test and ask questions!

Scott

ATCO works for me also. If you like I can talk to my organizer to see if we can combine to get enough people to go if needed. I think he always shot for like 20 guys minimum. They had a nice secure hotel not far from the track that they rented. We went down Sunday for a Monday track rental. He always tried to get the track right after a big event where they did a good track prep. We were racing scooters in the hotel parking lot drinking beer like old times.

atco is a nice track- when the pollen are not blowing all over the track. and the bar/ bar maid is cool too. actually we will be there in april for our first Divisional Race for the T/S class. if you guys do rent the track, i'm in.

thanh