cams

monte70car

I'm thinking it's time to get raid of the old Blazer series cam that's been living my big block since 96. I don't have any specs on the Blazer cam so it makes it hard to pick a replacement. I'm working with a 67 396(325hp) block that's 40 over stock with a set of 68-69 396 (325hp) heads it was supposed to be a stock rebuild. I did pick out 4 cams which I think would work for a street cruiser. comp cam xtreme CL11-230-3, voodoo 60200LK, comp cam magnum CL11-207-3, voodoo 60202LK

With the gear, stall, and fuel injection that you are working with I would talk to the fuel injection supplier and cam manufacturers I am thinking mild.

Hmmmm....the intake had to be cut down too???

your compression could be even higher which is pushing you near needing race fuel.

if!!! this is the case, I would consider one of Comps thumper cams to bleed off some compression, I really like the one I got from Davey, nasty idle, pulls good past 5000 RPM, I think it's 11-600-8, but it's a hydraulic roller, and your conv fits it too (2000rpm +)

I don't think Comp's magnum series is a modern design...could be wrong, but the single patern cams are more for budget racing I think. I started with a Comp 268XE, but it had idle issues and didn't work too well with the power brakes, (and I had issues of valve springs breaking) so I changed it out for the Voodoo 60202. The Voodoo worked better for me; it has a pretty smooth idle, pulls nice vacuum, and makes more bottom end torque...but Sam has a point; this cam makes strong torque with a high lift and short duration, which results in high cylinder pressures. If your engine isn't too high in compression and pinging isn't a problem, the engine will love it.

I use Chris Straub, his designs are ground by Bullet, Bullet has some great designs also. I think Ert needs to work within the parameters of his fuel injection unit.