motor mounts for BB

ScottNM

My 454/467 I am getting is rated at 517hp/564 torque. What is a good motor mount that is good for street?

That's about what hp I'm putting out and I'm using Energy Suspension poly mounts. I also switched my tranny mount out to poly. Seems pretty solid with little movement and no vibration transmitted that I can feel while in the car.

I also used the Energy Suspension motor mounts.

Bill - I used a poly trans mount on my 98 Trans Am and there was so much vibration, I had to buy a stock replacement. I wonder why there is no vibration on the Monte.... I'm wondering b/c my trans mount needs replacement.

i still run the stock rubber mounts, they lasted for 10 years and over a couple hundreds of mid to low 11 seconds 1/4 mile passes. but i'm going to go with the poly if/when the stocks one goes.

thanh

Bill - I used a poly trans mount on my 98 Trans Am and there was so much vibration, I had to buy a stock replacement. I wonder why there is no vibration on the Monte.... I'm wondering b/c my trans mount needs replacement.

Originally Posted By: Ian
It might be because the ends on the Monte cross member are set in rubber...

Actually I have removed my rubber pads on the ends (I needed that extra clearance) and still no vibration.

the aftermarket mounts can/do vary in hieght which can change the driveshaft angle, some cars are more sensitive to this than others

That is a good point. Maybe I should go oem.

I just installed solid mounts, and I am very happy with how little vibration there is. And, they were tons easier to install than the stock style because it is easier to get to the lower bolts.