humm... expensive weatherstrip?!

MonteFox89

Summit has a cheap kit dont know if it any good but its cheap

cheap is not good and good is not cheap!! What you need to look for are the good parts cheap and that is not always easy to do. That looks like the same kit offered by Soff Seal. I wonder if they make it for Goodmark

• 1 month later...
This is what I'm going to order...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-Mont...sQ5fAccessories

I just need to know if my monte has 'special moulding'...

Xavier,

Here is a pic showing the driver side rear quarter window. Look along the outside edge of window and you will make out a wide chrome strip running along quarter window bottom edge. If you don't have this wide chrome molding along door edge and quarter window edge then you need the door weather strip with the chrome bead on outer door / quarter window weater strip. If you have the wide belt molding, then you need the weather strip without the outer chrome bead.

100_2779.jpg

Hope this answers your question.

In 1972, the Monte Carlo Custom model was introduced and it came standard with this wide belt molding, so that chrome bead along outer door weather strip was'nt needed.

Doug

Glad I could help Xavier. Yes, you have the special molding. All the best on your resto. Looks like you have a solid foundation to work with. Soffseal is a very good product. Have used it for my needs and without problems.

Doug

Glad I could help Xavier. Yes, you have the special molding. All the best on your resto. Looks like you have a solid foundation to work with. Soffseal is a very good product. Have used it for my needs and without problems.

Doug

I've just ordered them.

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...