for those who follow the Velle

CrazyDavey

Congratulations on your amazing performance, Davey! Man, that is heads up racing!

Thanks to you and your excellent videographer for sharing some of the excitement and inspiration of this great experience!

Hope you and the 'Velle get rested up and ready for the next challenge. Rock on!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davey,

the Velle..held its own now the driver? On that chasing video against the (merc/ford) Ford; looked like a caliente, man you were awful slow on the tree. And I watched it a couple times..was you tired? grin

Rod it was a Falcon Sprint...no I wasn't slow at all, it always looks that way when you watch it like that from outside the car, your mind is not building in reaction time. That run was a .021 light to his .024...actually pretty good light in elimins, pushing it too much farther is putting red on the table...not good.....

For non-electronics cars anything that is .00x is generally considered a mistake, you shoot for those in quals to get low qualifier bonus points. If I can hit 020, 030 lights in elimins I'll go rounds....I had an 060 in the finals and it cost me the race... wink

When you put it that way, your reaction time is actually quite good... too bad on the final race. Next time don't gives the results of your race..let us watch the results as if we were there. Takes a lot of dedication to do what you do, never mind money, time and certainly experience. My hat is off to you, and thanks for allowing us to participate in your wonderful sport..(don't know if it is) but I'm sure it takes an awful lot of physical ability as well. Good going!! (I was pushing for you. grin) Oh! & by the way you do it well!

it's a labor of love Rod, just something I've wanted to do for 40 years and this is my chance. I'm very passionate about it and just love the whole experience and community that comes with it, made a lot of new friends at the track.

There is so much more than meets the eye when it comes to running these cars and being competitive, I'm still learning all the little adjustments before each run. Then after learning them putting them into action is a whole new challenge. I have a new appreciation for how good the top guys are.....butterfly collecting would make more financial sense but I chose this...good grief..... crazy

You know Davey in actuality you're a lucky man, you've been around in an era where "high performance" was at its height. No doubt you got tons of stories to tell. Plus a wealth of info in your memory banks..I highly doubt butterfly collecting would keep you at bay. It's healthy doing something you are passionate for, I suppose it keeps us young. Having a significant other that shares in your passion.. that's priceless. For those who follow the "Velle", I'm sure we can hardly wait for the next episode. cool

Finnaly got to watch the videos. Man that velle runs good. I have to agree with Rod butterfly collecting would not be near as much fun and the crazy part would be more true. Wish more women were like Red too.

a lot of stories Rod, and it's a dream come true for sure. I'm very lucky to have Red involved and she really does do a lot of work helping me run the car..

thanks Shawn....

it's a labor of love Rod, just something I've wanted to do for 40 years and this is my chance. I'm very passionate about it and just love the whole experience and community that comes with it, made a lot of new friends at the track.

There is so much more than meets the eye when it comes to running these cars and being competitive, I'm still learning all the little adjustments before each run. Then after learning them putting them into action is a whole new challenge. I have a new appreciation for how good the top guys are.....butterfly collecting would make more financial sense but I chose this...good grief..... crazy

I sold my Vega a few years ago and haven't raced since, but the itch never goes away. The camaraderie at the track is great between racers. There is no better feeling then seeing the win light come on grin