for those who follow the Velle

CrazyDavey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Ian, we got here yesterday afternoon...it's....ah...hot!! Last night at 9pm it was still 105!!! Hopefully I won't melt.... eek

Oh, the memories of living in Vegas. crazy It's nice when it finaly cools down to 105 at night time. grin

Good luck, be safe, be fast and do your best to keep cool. Oh, and drink lost of water! cool

There was a time in the late 70's when the Chevy Vegas were notious for being worthless...just a couple of years old, yet fetching only a couple of hundred bucks. I had the brilliant idea that I would gather all I could find and create a specialty wrecking yard for Vegas only. I was quite serious about the project...the place would be called LOST VEGAS.

Thinking back, I'm pretty glad I didn't follow up on that idea.

Hmmm. I guess this post just triggered a flashback. LOL

What a weekend!! man it was a blast even though it was to dang hot.....

That picture at the beginning of this post....well unbelievably that turned out to be the finals....me and Dal Trubey, my pit pardner from Team Chevelle (he's from Airzona).

We had joked about it but it actually happened, when we both won our semi-final round we just couldn't believe it.

I hope to have some pic's and vid's tomorrow, we went through about 40 cars, 100 + degree night time heat and 6000' DA to get here, our cars were out of breath after the whole thing. We both made some nice money and had a great time doing it, Dal is a great racer and friend.

As Robert mentioned Dal won the final so I was runner up. My car ran a 10.542 on a 10.54 dial but Dal was a little better on the light (he was dialed at 10.98 so I had to go try and get him). Margin of victory was 5 ten thousands of a second (.0005)..that works out to about 2 1/2 inches....wow!!! we were both flat out, no fooling around, no fender racing, just foot to the floor and run 'em out....just like it's supposed to be.... grin

Sounds like a blast Dave! Cant ask for much better than that,a 10.542 on a 10.54 dial yay

Nice #s indeed, your driving and enjoying the heck out of that car, having a blast,thats what its all about

Yeehaw!

That sounds like some really close racing. I bet your leg was sore after that run from trying to push the pedal through the carpet.

Geez you were close to your dial. I guess you can't feel too bad about that.

Great job, Davey!

Sounds like a blast Davey. I guess if you're going to be runner up, who better than to your friend. Congrats on the great results this weekend. Looking forward to pics and vids. - Dave

Davey.

Great job. funny- we lost to our buddy in the final a couple weeks ago by the same margin. .0005 of a second. works out to be around 3/4-1 inch at our speed. and we were chasing him down also. you'll get him next time.

thanh

By the Hair of my Chinny-Chin-Chin.. talk about close! I congratulate you for effort..and as one of the greatest would say!! “Second Place is just the first place loser.” lol Good following along..

Rod, you're so inspirational.... bleh.... grin

for those who would like to watch here are some vid's....I hope you enjoy them...

just a short vid showing Vegas scene

here's a time trial run with me and Dal, he cut a perfect light...he was on that tree all weekend..

me in the quarter finals..had to chase him down..we both broke out but I was .024 less than him..to close for comfort...

here's the final...just awesome!!

back down the return road for winner circle pic's..as you can see Dal is pretty pumped...

man it was great...now I gotta wait 5 weeks to do it again, that's going to feel like forever....

thanks for the nice comments everyone!!!

I bet Davey. Its in the high 80s here and i drink a ton, i would think you have to drink 2x that amount to stay hydrated in that heat.

Keep up the good work Davey. You and Red are great credit to this club.