Exhaust ?

MonteNH

2 1/2" will be fine unless this will be a very heavily modified 454. Some people (myself included) like the sound of a 3" or bigger exhaust and/or just the look of huge pipes sticking out the back.

I heard once that the engine needs a certain amount of exhaust resistance to operate properly.

it's a myth. the less resistance the better. if so every body would run muffler at the track for the back pressure/ resistance.

and the 2.5" is fine, that's what i have on mine with the 496, the exhaust comes of when i get to the track anyway.

thanh

Originally Posted By: Big Jim
I heard once that the engine needs a certain amount of exhaust resistance to operate properly.

it's a myth. the less resistance the better. if so every body would run muffler at the track for the back pressure/ resistance.

and the 2.5" is fine, that's what i have on mine with the 496, the exhaust comes of when i get to the track anyway.

thanh

Your Monte is stunning. What are You running for suspention and tires ? I love the stance and look.

Phil.

thanks for the compliment.

the suspension is mostly stock, front end has drag race shocks, small block springs, tires are bfgoodrich 205/70/15.

rear has lower lift bars, heavy duty springs, stock upper control arms, tires are hoosier 295/50/15.

thanh

Phil.

the suspension is mostly stock, front end has drag race shocks, small block springs, tires are bfgoodrich 205/70/15.

rear has lower lift bars, heavy duty springs, stock upper control arms, tires are hoosier 295/50/15.

thanh

Gotta love those expensive 295/50/15!!! lol though your front tires are bigger than mine, I'm running 205/60/15 now... A bit less clearance to the ground but with those air shocks on the back, I have a very intimidating stance, with a slightly intimidating 355 LOL

Though, don't get me wrong yours is scary :P

We have 2.5" on a small block and 2.5" on two big blocks one big block supposedly has 450HP the small block has 390hp and the other big block the hp is unknown but it comes out to more then a stock 402. But nothing is as good as pulling into a car cruise and having people laying on the ground trying to figure out how you get such a big tire under the rear. I gave up my 295/50 and 225/70 look for a 255/50 all the way around look.

Phil.

thanh

And Thanhs car looks great on the strip too it would have been great if you and Mike could have made a pass at the same time at Carlisle that would have been cool.