Tire fitment

I have 245/60's front and 255/60's rear. I had a set of 275/60's on the back but they rubbed with anyone sitting in the back seat. Looking at your signature picture, they would probably rub on yours as well.

I have 255/60/15s on my stock 15x7 rally rims on my 70. No rubbing issues at all but I put in all new OEM springs at the same time. They may have rubbed if I left the original sagged springs in the car.

IMG_5623.JPG

My 72 has 245/60/15s on my 15x8 Vette rallys on my 72. They rubbed a little on the rear quarter panel so I had to bend in the lip a little. I also put in new rear springs. There is a slight rub on the front if I hit a bump while in tight turns (like driving into a parking lot) but it only happens once in a while. The car still has the original front springs so if I put in new ones, this rub would likely not occur.

0033.JPG

I had 15x8 wheels with 4 1/2 inch backspace with Bfgoodrich 276-60-15 on the back of my Monte and have no rubbing issues.

Nice! That backspacing for an 8 inch rally works well for our Montes.